I hope I can turn this into an on going series of easy(ish), cheap dishes that will impress friends and confound the people who thought they taught you how to cook.
Chili-sagna (aka chili lasagna/Scott's twisted fusion cooking experiment #3)
The dish combines chili, guacamole, cheese and noodles in the style of an Italian favourite. Guaranteed to upset Nonas and Abuellas alike.
- 1lb Hamburger
- 1 Green pepper
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1Tbsp chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans
- garlic, black pepper, hot sauce to taste.
Brown and drain burger in large pot, dice peppers (FOR THE HATRED OF GODS ANCIENT AND TERRIBLE, DON'T TOUCH YOUR EYES), and all ingredients to pot, bring to boil then simmer for 30 min-1hr. the longer the better
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash onion powder
- In a small bowl, mix together the avocados, sour cream, cream cheese and salsa. Blend to desired consistency.
- In a small bowl mix the salt, pepper, garlic salt and onion powder. Stir into the avocado mixture.
- 500g lasagna noodles (not the oven ready kind)
- 1lb Monterrey Jack cheese.
- grate cheese
- prep noodles accordeing to box directions
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- spread 1/2 cup chili in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan
- layer noodles, scoop on a thin another layer of chili, cover with 1/3 cheese mix
- layer noodles, cover with guacamole filling.
- layer noodles, cover with chili and cheese
- layer noodles, top in off with remaining chili and cheese
- cover with aluminum foil
- bake 30 min
- uncover, back 15-20 min
- let sit 10min before serving, unless impatient.
Share and enjoy.